Safety Committee Update 10-27-2020
10/19/1010 Door County continues to be in the ‘VERY high risk’ category based on confirmed COVID-19 cases. Hope Church is closed to in-person meetings whether in our outdoor or indoor spaces, with the following exceptions:
- staff members conducting assigned work responsibilities
- staff members needing access to resources for off-site work
- staff members and lay leadership needing access to technology or resources
- individual members needing access for church related business (make an appointment with the office)
These standards apply to all church-sponsored activities whether conducted on-campus or off.
Key considerations for decision making during this time of COVID-19:
• COVID is a new disease. More is learned each day. As we learn more, guidance and standards are subject to change.
• It will take a concerted, community effort to reduce the risk of COVID transmission throughout the upcoming year.
• Hope Church will do its’ part to reduce the risk of COVID transmission.
• Hope Safety Committee uses the guidance of Returning to Church provided by Wisconsin Council of Churches and supported by the Wisconsin Conference – United Church of Christ.
• Hope Safety Committee uses the guidance of members provided in a congregational survey (8/2020).
• Hope Safety Committee regularly monitors updates of the Door County Public Health department. https://www.co.door.wi.gov/909/Situation-Update-August-31-2020 (Link is dated 8/31/2020 but will bring you to the most recentupdate).
• The primary goal is to keep our church membership, church staff and building users both safe and healthy.